Returning WebAssign Users
If you have not signed in to WebAssign after September 2017, you might need to link your WebAssign account to a Cengage account.
Don't try to link your accounts if you have previously linked them or if you sign in to WebAssign through a school portal or learning management system (LMS).
If you do not have a Cengage account, create one before attempting to link your WebAssign account.
Before you create a new account, make sure you do not have an existing account.
- Go to https://webassign.net/login.html.
- Click Returning WebAssign User.
Type your WebAssign username, institution code, and
- Don't know your username or institution code?
- Click Forget.
- Enter the email address associated with your account.
- Click Submit.
- Check your email for a new message with your username and institution code.
If you don't receive a message, it could be mistakenly flagged as spam or junk mail, or the email address you entered might not match the email address in your WebAssign account.
If you have problems or your account doesn't have an email address, ask your instructor to look up your username.
- Didn't receive a password?
- See Reset Your Password.
- Click Continue.
Enter your Cengage account credentials.
- Type your Cengage Account Email—your username, even if it is not your email address—and Password.
- Click Link Accounts.
- If prompted, enter your student ID and click Submit.
Your WebAssign and Cengage accounts are linked.
- Click Continue to WebAssign.
After linking your Cengage and WebAssign accounts, use your Cengage account to sign in to WebAssign.