Select, Copy, and Paste Expressions in mathPad, calcPad, and physPad
You can select, copy, and paste expressions in the mathPad, calcPad, and physPad tools.
Sometimes, you need to select a part of your expression, for example, to use the selection as the argument of a function. You also select part of your expression to cut or copy it.
- You can select, but not copy or paste. Selecting part of a math expression is performed differently than selecting text.
- You can only paste in the same answer box that you copied or cut from.
To select part of an expression:
- Drag the mouse or use the SHIFT+LEFT ARROW or SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW keys.
To select the entire expression, press CTRL+A.
- Double-tap what you want to select. Double-tap another location
to extend your selection. Tip: Double-tap your selection to expand it. For example, in the expression :
- Double-tap 3 to select 3.
- Double-tap the selection to select 3x.
- Double-tap the selection again to select the entire fraction.
To copy and paste:
- Select part of an expression to be copied or cut.
Copy or cut the selection.
- To copy your selection, press CTRL+C.
- To cut your selection, press CTRL+X.
- Move the insertion point in the expression to where you want to paste what you copied.
- Press CTRL+V.