Create an Account (US Higher Education)
Create a Cengage account to access your products and set up your course.
Cengage partners with SheerID® to verify your identity.
- Go to login.cengage.com.
- Click Create Account, then click Instructor.
- When asked if you teach at a US higher education institution, click Yes.
Enter your institutional email address and click
Use the same email address you use to sign in to your LMS.
Enter the requested information and select your
If you cannot find your institution:
- Select I could not find my institution.
Enter the information Cengage needs to verify your
- Your institution's name and location
- Your supervisor's name, email address, and phone number
Cengage will verify your information and add your institution to the list of available institutions.
Click Verify my Identity.
Cengage uses SheerID to verify your identity and prevent fraudulent account creation. Many users are instantly verified.
If you are not instantly verified, SheerID will email you for
Open your email from SheerID and click
Click here to provide additional
The SheerID Document Upload page opens.
Upload a document showing current employment at your institution.
Acceptable documents include:
- A link to a faculty list on your institution's website
- A copy of your instructor ID card
- A recent pay stub
You will be notified of your results in the next 20 minutes.
If your identity is not verified, you can resubmit proof of identity
two more times.
If SheerID cannot verify your identity, the Cengage customer support team will attempt to verify your identity manually. You will receive email updates on your status.
Cengage sends you an activation email. If your identity has not been verified, you cannot access instructor-only features.
- Open your email from SheerID and click Click here to provide additional information.
- Open the activation email and click Activate Cengage Account.
Your account is created.