Integrate WebAssign With Your Brightspace Course
Note If your institution uses the old WebAssign-Brightspace® integration, see Set Up LMS Integration (Old).
Your Brightspace administrator must have set up the Cengage tool in Brightspace.
With this integration:
- You and your students access your WebAssign courses from Brightspace.
Supported Course-Section Integration Models
- Each Brightspace course can be integrated with only one WebAssign section.
- Each WebAssign section can be integrated with only one Brightspace course.
- Create your course in Brightspace.
Choose one of the following:
- Create a New Brightspace-Integrated WebAssign Course
- Copy a WebAssign Course to a New Brightspace Course
- Integrate an Existing WebAssign Course with BrightspaceNote Use this method if you are teaching a multi-section course. WebAssign courses created in Brightspace are single-section only.
- In your WebAssign course, assign the activities you want to use.
- Link to WebAssign Activities and Resources
Multisection Courses Using WebAssign Course Templates and Sections
Sign in to Cengage and create your WebAssign
course template and sections.
- Create your course template.
- In your course template, assign the activities you want to use.
- From your course template, create your course sections and set each section's information, including section name, meeting time, and instructors or TAs.
- Create your first Brightspace course section and link it to one of your WebAssign course sections.
- Create additional Brightspace sections that link to each of your other WebAssign sections.
Multisection Courses (Not Using Course Templates)
- Create your first WebAssign course section and assign the activities you want to use.
- Create your first Brightspace course section and link it to your first WebAssign section.
- Copy Your WebAssign-Integrated Course in Brightspace to create additional Brightspace sections that link to new copies of your first WebAssign section.