Copy a Course in NGLSync
Create a new course by copying an existing course that has custom content and settings you want to reuse. Copy your own current or inactive course, or copy a colleague's course if you know their course key.
If you don't know if you should create a course in NGLSync, contact your technology coordinator.
Your new course uses the same product as the course you are copying.
- Custom content and activities
- Activity settings
- Gradebook settings such as late penalties and category weighting
- Removal of content and activities not on the syllabus
Changes made to the original course after your new course is created do not affect your new course.
- If needed, sign in to the NGLSync Portal at nglsync.cengage.com.
In the upper-right hand
corner, click .
Your NGLSync dashboard opens.
Select a course to copy.
To copy your own course:
On the My Account & Courses tab, locate the
course you want to copy.
To view your inactive courses, click Previous Courses.
- Click next to the course you want to copy.
To copy another instructor's course:
- If you do not know the course key for the course you want to copy, find it in the NGLSync district directory.
- On the My Account & Courses tab, click Create Course.
- To copy another instructor's course, click Follow These Steps.
- Enter the class key, then click Validate.
- Click Next.
- On the My Account & Courses tab, locate the course you want to copy.
Enter your course name, start date, and end date.
You can edit this information later.
To prevent students from automatically joining
your course after a certain date, turn on Limit Open
Enrollment and enter an Open Enrollment End
Tip Limiting open enrollment deters cheating from students with duplicate accounts.
If a student tries to join your course after your chosen end date, you will receive an email notification and can approve or deny their request.
- Click Next.
- Review your course information and click Next.